- Ongoing appointment, part-time applications (0.4 to 0.6 FTE) considered in view of possible job share arrangements
- Opportunity exists for an experienced Librarian to advance their career or take on a new challenge
- Salary range: Level 9 $112,133 - $118,721 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
The University Library provides information resources, services, systems and spaces to support, stimulate and innovate teaching, learning and research.
The University Library is committed to developing and delivering services to be strategic enablers for the University in meeting its goals; enabling and promoting the creation, storage, transfer and seamless access to information and collaborating closely with the University community to deliver innovative solutions for their research, teaching and learning needs.
About the role
You will play a significant role in the development and delivery of Library services to staff and students and manage a range of Library research and education services to the Faculty of Science. You will also contribute to the development of planning to assist the University Library team as a whole to meet its strategic and operational objectives.
This is an opportunity to take your leadership experience to the next level within a supportive environment.
You will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player, able to provide innovative solutions to research, teaching and learning. You will possess excellent knowledge of the operations of a University Library and be able to lead and deliver research and education activities such as conducting workshops, developing online learning material and assisting HDR students with literature review. You will also be able to confidently develop partnerships with academics in order to develop the Library's range of services.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- University Degree
- Library and Information Science qualifications or relevant equivalent qualifications and experience
- Extensive management experience in an academic library, including leadership of teams and ability to provide training, career progression and development
- Excellent negotiation, communication, consultation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to effectively influence and motivate staff in a service environment
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning and policy development
- Ability to apply knowledge of current trends, developments and standards in library services
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing Date: 24 February 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).