Administrative Associate, Investment Team
Stanford Management Company (SMC) is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented, energetic Administrative Associate. SMC, the University’s investment office, is located on campus. SMC invests Stanford University’s endowment funds, which provide critical financial support to current and future generations of students and scholars. SMC offers a friendly small work environment, while being an integral part of one of the world’s most respected universities.
The Administrative Associate will provide high-quality support to a dynamic group of investment professionals including Managing Directors, Directors, and Analysts. This position is part of a highly collaborative administrative team. The ideal candidate will have well-developed administrative skills including complex calendaring, domestic and international travel planning, and the ability to quickly get up-to-speed on new technology and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling and organizing meetings and events, including overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, preparation of meeting space, and serving as liaison with internal and external clients, managers and vendors.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on relevant investment professional’s responsibilities and priorities. Proactively resolve calendaring conflicts.
- Arrange domestic and international travel in compliance with SMC and university policies.
- Process expense reports and reconcile statements, some of which may include researching and resolving discrepancies..
- Respond to routine communication such as memos, notices, emails, letters, inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required.
- Prepare and compile routine and complex reports for distribution.
- Ensure all necessary documents are properly maintained and filed electronically and in hard copy as needed.
- Provide coverage for phone line(s) during business hours, and arrange for back up as needed.
Contribute as needed to overall smooth functioning of SMC office, including but not limited to:
- Help ensure seamless reception/front desk coverage by providing relief coverage of the front desk on a regular and/or ad-hoc basis
- Provide backup support for other admins on an as-needed basis
- Help maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations as-needed
- Coordinate office moves as-needed
- Support event planning and execution
- Provide support by equipping and preparing new employee’s workspace.
- Responsible for processing legal forms or documents for signature by respective manager.
- May guide and train contingent/temporary staff including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday - 9:00am to 6:00pm
- May work extended hours.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
*A background check will be required for all final candidates.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4103