Information Technology/Audio Visual Specialist
Org: Information Technology Services
Posted to the Web: 01/28/2019
Posted Job/Salary Grade: B
Employment Type: Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Position Schedule: 9-6
Position Length: Ongoing
Position End Date:
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Penn Law is one of the nation’s oldest and most distinguished law schools. We offer a distinctive cross-disciplinary legal education, drawing on the depth and breadth of the University of Pennsylvania. The resulting intellectual opportunities and professional relationships bridge traditional boundaries and disciplines, making Penn Law an extraordinary supportive academic community for its scholars and students alike. https://www.law.upenn.edu/
Join a growing, collegial, department of motivated IT professionals; great facilities, team environment, exceptional resources. Serve as IT/AV Support Specialist. Report to IT Director for Instructional Technology and Media Services. Work as a member of a team; participate in all aspects of Instructional, Classroom, Event, Video, and Room/Infrastructure Services and Support. This position requires strong oral and written communication skills. When necessary, work extended hours and occasional weekends; vacation may not be taken in August/September.
- Serve as media help desk and provide instructional and event technology planning and support.
- Provide daily room health-checks, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Support faculty, staff and students in use of instructional solutions including Panopto, Canvas, MacOS/iOS; Windows10/M365/One Drive/SharePoint; DropBox, Penn+Box, Zoom, Skype.
- Design and implement classroom technology training programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Setup/support video and audio conferencing, webcasting, video/audio capture for classes, meetings and events.
- Provide videography and video production services.
- Install and support various media technologies including Mersive Solstice wireless presentation, Kitcast/Apple TV digital signage.
- Work with AV integrators to order and repair equipment and make service calls.
- Make recommendations for new equipment purchases and AV design.
- Participate in designing signal flow charts using Microsoft Visio.
- Provide touch panel programming using Extron global configurator and AMX programming.
A Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year to 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Clear written and oral communications skills are required. Experience working in Law or Academic IT/AV support position preferred. Must have advanced skills in MacOS, Windows 10, O365, Visio, Final Cut Pro and Premier. Must have experience supporting Canvas, Panopto, Zoom, Mersive, Extron.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.