Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL) is an independent institution of higher learning established in 1998. RGSL provides degree programmes at bachelor and master level as well as specialised short-term courses. All RGSL programmes are taught in English.
Having established itself as a leading law school in the Baltic region with specialisation in International and European Law, RGSL is strongly connected internationally and in the local academic and political environment. The School is regularly hosting high profile conferences and seminars and aims to further enhance its position as an eminent research institution.
Call for applications
RGSL is seeking candidates for the position of Rector.
The position requires residence in Riga and is offered for a three year period with the possibility of renewal.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Rector is responsible for the academic management of the School and shall contribute to its further growth and strategic development. This entails, notably:
- To cooperate with the RGSL Board and administration team in the School’s academic and strategic development, and to oversee the implementation of decisions taken by the School’s governing bodies;
- To oversee and help shape RGSL academic and educational programmes;
- To contribute to developing the academic staff;
- To manage the strengthening of the research profile of RGSL and conduct own research;
- To contribute to RGSL teaching;
- To expand and enhance cooperation with relevant institutional partners;
- To represent RGSL in public matters and thereby maintain and further enhance the School’s visibility and public profile.
- PhD in Law or other relevant discipline, high academic standing and a solid academic publication record;
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Extensive experience in university or other institutional management;
- Fluency in English.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as leader and as team player;
- Inter-cultural sensitivity;
- Strategic and creative thinking;
- Ability to foster cooperation and outstanding achievement among employees at all levels;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Ability to inspire and promote a dynamic work environment;
- Strong academic and professional networks internationally;
- Fluency in other European languages.
The appointment begins on September 1, 2019.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com (or in hard copy to RGSL, Strelnieku 4 k-2, Riga LV-1010, Latvia). The application should be marked “Application for position of Rector’ and must be received no later than 5 March 2019.
For further information, please contact Ieva Rācenāja, Director of RGSL: firstname.lastname@example.org