Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Industrial Engineering
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Qatar University invites applications for two faculty positions at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor/ Professor starting Fall 2019 in any of the broad areas of Industrial Engineering including but not restricted to: Organization Development and Management, Production Planning and Inventory Control, Engineering Economics, Human Factors and Safety Engineering, Operations Research, Quality and Reliability Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering. Candidates should be able to teach courses in the above areas both at undergraduate level and more importantly at graduate level.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in industrial engineering or closely related area from a reputable institution. The successful candidate must have an outstanding academic and research record including high-impact refereed publications, and effective teaching ability. Duties will include teaching of undergraduate and importantly graduate courses, research, and departmental service. Evidence of excellence in teaching and research is necessary for an applicant to be considered for the position. Excellence in research is evidenced primarily by the quality of published papers (in top-ranked i.e. web of science/Scopus index and field relevant journals with a high citation index), the submitted research statement and other documents submitted for review, as well as strong endorsement from referees of high international standing. Participation in reputable international conferences, presenting research at other highly ranked schools and other noteworthy activities in engineering that contribute to the visibility and prominence of the discipline are highly desirable activities. Excellence in teaching will be demonstrated by a strong statement of teaching philosophy, strong teaching evaluations, and strong endorsements from referees. Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement (including a statement of teaching philosophy), teaching evaluations and a statement outlining both current and future research plans. If you have questions about this position, please contact email@example.com. All application materials should be submitted online by February 28, 2019. Applicants should also ask three referees to send supporting letters directly to the department via e-mail (on letterhead, signed and scanned) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract. Salary is commensurate with experience. Tax-free salary. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 28-Feb-2019