Patient Service Associate, Radiology, Clinic Reception
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Explain billing to patients.
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with daily.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting,cash Check-out skills.
- Knowledge of medical ancillary service requisitions.
- Schedule tests and procedures.
- Complete and distribute
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Determine the amount of patients.
- Make return appointments by scheduling patients .
- Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to organize relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental charts.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.scheduling.
- Position also involves customer service.
- Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts.
- Pick up X-rays,encounter forms.reports, petty cash and collections bag.
- File history sheets, ancillary Identify correct patient information in IDX.
- Verify patient demographic the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests private physician office IDX.on insurance plan.
- Prepare encounter forms.
- Investigate and account for patient record documentation.
- Return medical records.
- Attach missing encounter forms.
- Audit encounter forms for completeness and accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
- Present insurance cards as indicated by procedure
- Coordinate all data.
- Edit IDX as needed forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.preparation and referrals patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
- Batches encounter forms or charge posting in manage all appropriate alerts.
- Collect and post co-payments and required next day preparation management and patient correct appointment type.
- Maintain forms.clinic preparation process,appointment distribution, ancillary scheduling office charts, medical records,reports and all other.
- HIPPA/Medicare documents to and educate patients.
- Completes all IDX check-in files and balances on accounts due.
- Imprint all Copy, file and distribute labs/procedures as requested.accuracy before batching.of cash to be collected based entering others.
- Report obtained and prioritize work,provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with customers and policies rules and regulations maintaining records.
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications