Human Resources Customer Service Specialist
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Under the supervision of the Director of HR Systems and Services, this position is the primary point of contact for both internal and external customers for Human Resources.
- Provides detailed customer service and support to internal and external customers both in person, telephone and email correspondence
- Data entry for external affiliates, guests, and volunteers in Oracle HRMS
- Guides customers in the use of HR resources/applications; responds to customer inquiries related to Human Resources policies and procedures; redirects more complex inquiries to the appropriate functional area or Director
- Provides administrative support for the Campus tuition reimbursement program which includes review and approving requests for payment, and records management
- Provides administrative support for Scholars such as issuing certificates, scheduling meetings, scanning and sending correspondence
- Troubleshoots problems and implements solutions to deal with customer questions, concerns and needs; assures that customer questions and inquiries are assessed, addressed, and met timely and effectively
- Responds to verifications of employment requests, conducts data validation, and maintains employee files
- Maintains records files and databases; screens and routes mail/inquiries; processes and maintains sensitive and confidential information; coordinates tasks and/or projects, maintains calendars, schedules meetings and appointments, etc.
- Responsible for general appearance and upkeep of front office area. This includes maintaining sufficient brochures, handbooks, and other materials including ensuring that computers kiosks are functioning
- Identifies issues and trends through customer questions and concerns; communicates information to appropriate personnel along with recommendations for future prevention and/or training
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a professional office environment
- Must be reliable and have good attendance history
- Proven ability to handle information with confidentially and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with various levels of faculty, students, staff and external customers effectively
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills are a must; along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Must have strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and relational databases
- Familiarity with HR and employment related state and federal laws
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus