The Administrative Specialist (Job Code 4556) is to provide administrative support for the Director of Graduate Medical Education. This individual will report directly to the Director. The Director is responsible for the quality and success of Duke’s Graduate Medical Education enterprise, which includes over 1000 residents and fellows, in over 150 training programs. This work is accomplished with the collaboration of approximately 140 program directors and 50 program coordinators. The Department of Graduate Medical Education is comprised of eight full-time staff and three faculty.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative support for Catherine Kuhn, MD, Director, Graduate Medical Education, and Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education
- Complex calendar management
- Generation of complex reports, and documents for meetings
- Provide support for internal meetings led by Dr. Kuhn• Coordination of Institutional Educational Processes
- Tracking accreditation results, trends and data entry into comprehensive database/residency management system (ACGME)
- Management of institutional National Resident Matching Program(residents and fellows
- Organization and support of training program’s institutional reviews and accreditation
- Management of databases supporting same
- Administrative Support for Institutional Committee for Graduate Medical Education(ICGME) and GME Patient Safety and Quality Committee (GME PSQC)
- Organize and prioritize agenda items and minutes
- Prepare and reconcile meeting minutes with Institutional Requirements
- Coordinate activities required for CLER visit (every 18-24 months)
- Development of the Annual Institutional Report
In addition to the requirements listed, this position must work collaboratively with a variety of other professionals, maintain a strong work ethic and be reliable, have a positive and professional outlook, and be highly organized. This position requires strong writing and critical thinking skills,the ability to work independently, and proactively anticipate the needs of the director.This position will support other team activities of the office as needed and approved.