Reserach Associate in Chemical/Environmental Engineering
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Gas Processing Center/ College of Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
GPC is a state-of-the-art center using combined high level academic and industrial expertise and facilities. It is conceived to conduct research and development in areas pertinent to the consortium members and to provide pilot plants for scalable trials of numerous processes. The overriding objective is for the GPC to become a Center of Excellence of international standing offering Leading edge research and development work and ‘market led’ opportunities for growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Research Fellow to work in the Gas Processing Centre (GPC), College of Engineering, Qatar University. The ideal candidate must be of Chemical /Environmental Engineering background or a related field with strong credentials in oil/gas related CO2 capture and conversion research. Strong background in process development, Numerical methods, process design and optimization is highly desirable. The candidate is expected to initiate and contribute in externally funded projects and the strengthening of the GPC research output. The ideal candidate must have strong and track record of published work. Most importantly, we are looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented fellow who is interested to work and support different research projects at GPC. Strong industrial experience in the mentioned fields is highly desirable.
The Gas Processing Center (GPC) is a state-of-the-art research hub that combines high-level academic and industrial expertise and facilities to address major challenges related to the gas and oil industry. A consortium of Qatari and international companies that are active in the Oil and Gas sector sponsors the center and most of the research areas and training activities of the center are developed in consultation with the consortium members. GPC conducts research and development in areas that are of great importance to the consortium members and provides pilot plants for scalable trials of numerous processes. GPC is the only Research Center in the region that focuses on Gas Processing Research and houses several industrial pilot plants.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical/Environmental Engineering, or related fields
- Strong publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Strong industrial experience.
- Propose and write research projects.
- Excellent technical and writing and communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 28-Feb-2019