Classified Title: Research Assistant
Working Title: Research Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $16.10-$22.12
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Varies, up to 27 hours per week
Location: 701 Rutland Ave
Department name: 10003174-SOM Rad MR Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate is expected to conduct magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) analysis of the brain to measure cerebral function and physiology. This analysis will be conducted for both healthy controls and patients with various neurological disorders. The ideal candidate should have a formal training in computer sciences and is expected to be proficient with computer software and programming. The candidate is expected to be knowledgeable about basic mathematical analysis methods. *This is a casual/on-call positoin*
- Run routine and ad hoc reports from research database. Perform data collection for study(ies) and develop data reports to share with PI. May use standard mathematical and statistical tools and computer programs to review data.
- Duties may include data cleaning measures to ensure accuracy of data and preparation of tables.
- May lead small study efforts and develop processes for ensuring data collection can occur in effective and efficient manner.
- May interview and hire undergraduate assistants to work in the lab, and lead basic activities such as data collection and data entry.
- May conduct literature searches to support faculty in research efforts. May design and format papers/publications. May assist PIs in writing summaries of papers for release as policy briefs.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and some related experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information