4 days left
- Full Time
40-hour clinical social work position, with focus on mental health community outreach and education, in Community Health Services, Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools. This appointment will be located at Regional Alliance for Health Schools sites in Washtenaw County.
Why Join the Department of Social Work RAHS team?
As a member of Regional Alliance for Health Schools team, you will play a vital role in providing evidence based therapy models and work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team while, fostering an environment of respect, diversity and inclusion; a place where every person feels valued and can thrive.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial support for continuing education and certifications
You will be responsible for:
- Primary duties include provision of mental health education
- Training with adolescents, parents, school staff, and community members
- Facilitating psychoeducation groups with adolescents and with parents
- Coordinating with partner school districts and other community partners to identify community needs and plan training activities;
- Direct psychotherapy (individual, family and group) with at risk adolescents and their families using evidence based therapy models (CBT, IPT, DBT, TF-CBT) to facilitate an understanding and resolution of identified problems
- Evaluating and recording progress with respect to treatment goals, and ongoing collaboration with the patient’s care team while drawing on social work experience and ongoing assessment of patient needs.
- Participating in weekly social work case consultation.
- Facilitation of youth advisory council program activities
- A Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- A current license to practice social work in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience with medical and mental health social work.
- Skilled in developing rapport and effectively communicating with a diverse patient population.
- Efficient, accurate assessment of patient needs and effective case dispositions.
- Effective organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks in a dynamic medical clinic.
- Independent, sound decision-making is necessary for success in this position.
- Effective collaboration with a large multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in keeping accurate and timely clinical records by computer.
- Experience with evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions (e.g., CBT, PST, ACT, DBT) and familiarity with brief, structured interventions (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation) along with a basic knowledge of psychopharmacology.
This is a full time, 40 hour/week position. The typical schedule is Monday – Friday with start and end times 8:00am-4:00pm. You'll spend 40 hours/week supporting the RAHS Washtenaw health centers.
RAHS administration office at; 2025 Traverwood Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48105. This position will support all of the RAHS Washtenaw County Health Centers.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.