Surgical Technologist, Cardiovascular
3 days left
- Full Time
To assist surgical team at the Cardiovascular Center operating rooms during operative procedures, by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team. Assist with inventory, sterilization of instruments, prepare and select equipment for procedures, transfer of patients as needed, turnover and transfer of instruments to CSR/Decontamination and putting equipment back in place. Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an accredited or military surgical technologist program.
- Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Two years' experience as a surgical technologist, including at least one year of surgical technologist experience in a cardiovascular environment.
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Call commitment with a 30 minute response rate
- Ability to scrub cardiac, general thoracic and vascular cases.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly.
Day/Night rotation, with midnight, weekend and holiday on-call/ shift obligations.Full time, 40hrs
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.