Research Fellow - Biomedical Institute for Global Health Research and Technology (BIGHEART)
Biomedical Institute for Global Health Research and Technology (BIGHEART)
National University of Singapore (NUS)
BIGHEART is an interdisciplinary biomedical research institute with the mission of engineering the future of medicine for the advancement of human health. Through close collaborations between scientists, engineers and clinicians, BIGHEART develops innovative healthcare solutions to address current challenges in health and spark major advancements with societal and economic impact.
The research group headed by Assistant Professor Cheow Lih Feng is looking for a passionate and self-motivated candidate to join the team as a Research Fellow. The candidate will be involved in the research and development in the area of microfluidics technology for diagnostics and therapeutics as well as collaborate with our clinical partners on the testing and validation of these technologies.
- Research and development of microfluidic devices for biomedical applications
- Collaborate with clinical partners on the testing and validation of the technologies
- Mentor, supervise and train junior staff members and students
- Prepare research manuscripts, presentations and grant proposals
- Other ad hoc duties that may be assigned
- PhD degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering disciplines from a reputable university
- Demonstrable good publication track record
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently as well as a good team player
- Excellent skills in project management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please send your CV and names of 4 referees (name, institution, email) to Dr CHEOW Lih Feng (email@example.com) and Dr Donny LIANG (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more on NUS, please visit click here