Clinical Subject Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Assist study teams with all aspects of clinical trial coordination including: identifying potential subjects, screening subjects, consenting and enrolling subjects, and collecting and managing patient and laboratory data for clinical research subjects.
- Coordinates and facilitates study visits and procedures with research subjects and staff.
- Assists in the reporting of test results.
- Assist in training other staff.
- Integrates the workflow of many studies running simultaneously.
- Develop processes, troubleshoot complications and facilitate communication.
- Serves as a resource and contact person for active protocols.
- Creates source documents for accurate tracking, collection, and recording of data.
- Staff members are expected to work well in a team setting, but also independently when appropriate and regularly exercise good judgment in setting priorities, resolving operational problems, and applying policies, procedures, and methods, while maintaining the strictest of confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferably in health science or health related field
- Experience coordinating clinical research or working in healthcare
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft software applications
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask as well as work well under time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner
- Confident and highly motivated with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and establish timelines and priorities
- Available to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Must have reliable transportation since local travel will be expected
- Desired candidate would have a Master's Degree
- Experience working with older adults and veterans
- Experience working and interacting with research participants
- Demonstrated understanding of Good Clinical Practice and HIPAA
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and assessment of laboratory values
- Experience with investigator-initiated and federal sponsored trials
Typically M-F from 8-4:30. However, candidate must be willing to adjust weekly schedule to accomodate evening and weekend testing.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the E-Verify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.