Research Scientist in Opportunity Insights
3 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Opportunity Insights, Dept of Economics
We are now seeking a Research Scientist who will work with the senior leadership team of OI and to conduct rigorous, high-quality public policy research on the condition and drivers of economic mobility in the US. As a member of the OI policy team, the Research Scientist will leverage OI’s primary research and administrative data sets to create new secondary analyses to help cities and other institutions improve economic mobility. He or she will partner closely with the Policy Director to deliver high-quality, evidence-driven policy consulting based on OI’s primary research.
- Conducts in-depth high quality public policy research with the OI policy team, synthesizing and building on the work of OI’s research team
- Develops research concepts, policy questions, and work plans for papers and reports that will directly inform and shape policy projects
- Develops and delivers presentations for policy projects
- Meets with and briefs relevant external contacts on research
POLICY PROJECT OVERSIGHT
- Along with Policy Director– serve as a strategic thought partner to the faculty leadership
- Works with the Policy Director to assign and manage policy associates and analysts on research tasks, and direct other research resources to projects
COMMUNICATE WITH PUBLIC
- Authors or co-authors policy reports, blogs, op-eds, and other commentary
To learn more about Opportunity Insights: https://opportunityinsights.org/
Ph.D. or equivalent combination of education and experience in economics or related field.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Able to lead independent statistical and economic research
- Ability to work collegially with staff at all levels and in all job profiles
- Interest in or experience with mentoring junior staff
- Confidence and enthusiasm
- Strong technical skills in statistics, economics, and quantitative methods
- Results oriented
- Personal obligation to uphold organization’s expectations
- Strong sense of purpose in holding difficult conversations
- Personal accountability for consistent application of processes and policies
We require 3 letters of reference for this position. For convenience, we recommend that you submit your Reference Letters using our Econ Job Market posting: https://econjobmarket.org/positions?oid=4196
Please note that our EJM posting is only being used for letters and use of this method is optional. The remainder of your application should be submitted through the Harvard site. If you prefer, you may generate emails to your references using this application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.