Research Program Assistant
Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range: [[$14.93 – $20.53 / Commensurate with Experience ]]
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: [[Flexible: Monday - Friday 15-27 hours per week]]
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 06-MD:School of Nursing
Department name: 10003814-Community Public Health Nursing
Personnel area: School of Nursing
The study is collaboration between Johns Hopkins School of Nursing and primary care clinics within the DMV area. This project aims to 1) determine whether poorer problem-solving styles and lower self-efficacy for stress management, mediate the relation between different types of ACE’s and greater anxiety/depressive symptoms among Latina immigrant primary care patients, and 2) develop and pilot a problem-solving intervention for the target population. This Research Assistant position will invite female patients to participate in the research study portion of the project as they check in for their clinic appointment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for inviting female patients to complete a survey on an iPad before or after they see their provider.
Specific tasks include:
- Working with the clinic staff to identify appropriate patients
- Approaching patients to invite them to complete a brief survey
- Answering patient questions about the survey
- Maintaining study iPads
- Provide daily reports of research activities (number of people approached, number accepted, reasons for declining participation)
- Communicating with the clinic and study team
The next phase of the study will include:
- Support the development of the intervention through translation of study materials
- Hosting listening sessions with advisory boards to obtain feedback
- The RA will also be trained to deliver the intervention for the pilot study. The schedule will vary over the course of the study, depending on project needs.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Two (2) years related experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the
JHU Equivalency Formula:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
- Prior experience working in health care setting
- Experience working with domestic violence or other sensitive topics
- Prior research experience
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills/comfort approaching and talking to people
- Must be fluent in Spanish and have advanced writing in Spanish
- Prior experience in translating medical documents from English to Spanish
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information