Communications Specialist, Duke Law School
Duke Law School Bolch Judicial Institute Communications Specialist (Communications Specialist, Job Code 1290, Job Level 10) 40 hours per week
The Communications Specialist provides administrative, communications, and marketing support to the Bolch Judicial Institute. Under the direction of the Associate Director and Marketing Manager, the Communications Specialist provides administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of marketing and fundraising projects and also produces and assists in producing a variety of marketing and communications materials for events, websites, marketing campaigns, publications, and multimedia projects, including podcasts and videos.
Administrative Support for Communications Initiatives 25%
- Assist with administrative needs for marketing and fundraising projects, including processing and reconciling payments for subscriptions and memberships; managing renewal notices and marketing to increase constituent engagement; maintaining accurate mailing lists and constituent data; handling correspondence; and researching, identifying, and preparing materials for grant applications and funding opportunities. 15%
- Provide general clerical support for projects and events, including researching and obtaining artwork, video, and audio materials as well as appropriate releases and permissions for use; processing payments and ordering supplies; scheduling meetings; creatingtimelines; developing mailing lists and email lists; generating reports; and handling correspondence with authors, contributors, vendors, and others. 10%
- Communications Project Production and Management 75%
- Assist with production of major publications and marketing and fundraising projects, including research, transcriptions, basic design and content layout, editing, writing, and proofreading. 20%
- Conceive, draft, design, and produce event posters, flyers, programs, brochures, invitations, reports, banners, and promotional materials. 20%
- Manage production of email marketing campaigns to promote and generate engagement in Judicial Institute programs and events. Develop mechanisms to measure and report on the success of email marketing campaigns. 10%
- Manage website and public calendar updates and oversee regular posts of content, including developing and soliciting new content to ensure the site is consistently up-to-date, accurate, and engaging. Develop mechanisms to measure and report on website engagement. 10%
- Assist in producing podcasts and videos for the Judicial Institute’s website and social media initiatives, organizing interviews and recording sessions, developing scripts, managing transcriptions, and assisting in editing, production, and promotion. 10%
- Create and maintain the social media channels for the Judicial Institute’s programs, including developing and soliciting new content, engaging with audience, and coordinating when appropriate with Law School and University social media managers. 5%
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Work generally requires one year of related experience in advertising, marketing media, promotions or public relations or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database management (Salesforce preferred), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, WordPress or other web editors, and audio and video editing tools. Photography and video and audio production experience a plus. Demonstrated fluency with social media management. Ability to lift 20 lbs.
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Work generally requires one year related experience in advertising,marketing, media, promotions or public relations.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE