Location Doha, QA
Department Name Department of Electrical Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
Job Deadline: open till the position is filled
Position Summary: The Department of Electrical Engineering at Qatar University is seeking experienced Laboratory Engineer/ Technician with a degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering.
Competencies: The candidate must have:
- Excellent hands on experience
- Excellent skills in operation and routine maintenance of standard electrical/electronic laboratory equipment
- Excellent experience in preparing laboratory experiments for practical laboratory classes
- Experience in PCB design and implementation
- Ability to assist students in their Senior Design Projects and in prototyping;
- Ability to contribute to and execute laboratory development plans
- Experience in the fabrication of research equipment and execution of Electrical Engineering Research Experiments
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience in laboratory safety
The successful candidate must hold a B.Sc.degree in Electrical,Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering. Competency in some or all ofthe following packages is advantageous: LabVIEW, Multisim, MATLAB, PSIM,and PROTEUS
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.