Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Management Information Systems
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Management Information Systems
DEPARTMENT Business Administration
SCHOOL Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Department Chair; College Dean
The College of Business Administration at Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University (PMU) is seeking applications to fill a position in Management Information Systems at the rank of Assistant/ Associate/ or Full Professor. Candidates are expected to teach a wide variety of basic and advanced courses in their discipline. Full-time faculty members are also expected to attend faculty meetings and university events, serve on committees, and engage in academic scholarship and professional development activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
Applicants with research interests and experience in one or more of the following areas are especially encouraged to apply:
- Programming languages (Java & C#)
- Database Management & Design
- Information Assurance
- E-Commerce Design, and E-commerce security
- System Analysis and Design
- Telecommunication and Object-oriented analysis and design
Candidates must have earned a doctorate degree in Management Information Systems or a closely related field from an accredited Western residential university. The ideal candidate also exhibits the following characteristics;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated teaching excellence in programs in which English is used as the language of instruction.
- An active research record as evidenced by publications in refereed journals and at conferences.
- A strong willingness to become engaged in service to the university and the community, and to participate in department, college, and university initiatives, especially as they relate to accreditation.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Experience with AACSB accreditation is highly beneficial.
- Familiarity with technology-infused academic environments is required.
- Previous experiences in the Middle East in general and in GCC countries in particular are an added bonus.
- The candidate must provide a procedural Promotion Letter (for Full and Associate Professor).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- To play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- To participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And to perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
Global Engagement Department:
Ms. Charisma A. De-Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Permanent Computer Science Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Permanent Computer Science Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia