Classified Title: Budget Assistant
Working Title: Budget Assistant
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.11 - $20.79
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 725 N. Wolfe Street, Physiology 202
Department name: 10003120-SOM Phys General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Budget Assistant will provide support to Department Faculty and Administrative office staff by processing accounts payable transactions and performing basic monthly reconciliation of processed transactions. This position will report directly to the Financial Manager.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation according to University policy.
- Process all accounts payable documents in SAP for an academic department.
- Enter accounts payable transactions into the SAP system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create shopping carts tracking to purchase orders; verify status of orders and deliverables.
- Process trip approvals (as necessary), travel advances, reimbursements prior to and after travel, and local travel reimbursements.
- Track documents from creation to payment and trouble shoot any problems that may occur.
- Reconcile monthly financial statements with actual invoices and supporting documentation.
- Process non payroll cost transfers when charged to incorrect budgets.
- Develops and maintains electronic and paper record keeping systems through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
- Operate office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine and scanner, personal computer to manage e-mail, electronic calendar and other forms of electronic media.
- At times fast paced and/or stressful environment
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- High School Diploma or GED. Two years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with University and department policies and procedures preferred.
- Experience using SAP systems preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proven customer service skills.
- Two years of related office/clerical experience.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other mainstream software.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus