Senior Servicenow Technical Consultant/Developer
5 days left
- Full Time
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Infrastructure Services
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
We are currently seeking two full-time Senior ServiceNow Technical Consultant / Developers who will be members of the ServiceNow Solutions team which sits within the Applications & Technology Management portfolio.
About the role
Reporting to the ServiceNow Technical Lead, the Senior ServiceNow Technical Consultant / Developer will be part of ServiceNow Solutions team responsible for the ServiceNow platform. ServiceNow at the University of Melbourne is a strategic enterprise service management platform for gaining access to University services.
Under the broad direction of the ServiceNow Technical Lead and as a scrum team member, you will be responsible for estimating work effort, the design and development of ServiceNow applications, maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and provide support for all applications on ServiceNow platform, including bespoke extensions.
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer with an appropriate tertiary qualification and/or equivalent mix of education/training and relevant experience.
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow platform as well as experience delivering large-scale ServiceNow implementations
- Extensive experience in enterprise application software development including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support - a thorough understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration such as XML, API Technologies (REST/SPML/SOAP), HTML.
- Knowledge of information systems support practices and ITIL across a wide range of enterprise information systems and related technologies.
- Experience in release management, environment management and configuration management.
- Experience in Agile & DEVOPS software development management, Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance practices.
- Excellent problem analysis, root cause diagnosis, and solving skills, with the ability to analyse production incidents and lead and work effectively as part of a team of experts to resolve multi-functional problems.
- Proven an ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation, adapt to change, and high degrees of initiative to meet service expectations, and handle multiple assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong evidence of customer focus and relationship management is essential for this role as the incumbent is representing Infrastructure Services to the wider University and be organised, detail oriented and accurate, and be adept at working independently and as a team player.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
The selection process will commence prior to the advertising close date.
Salary range is a guide only and is negotiable upon skills and experience.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 23 Jan 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Feb 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time