Chair in Electrical Engineering
AL-KHOBAR, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
POSITION Chair in Electrical Engineering
DEPARTMENT Department of Electrical Engineering
SCHOOL College of Engineering
REPORTS TO College Dean
The Department of Electrical Engineering in the College of Engineering at PMU invites applications for the position of Chair starting Fall semester 2019 at the rank of associate or full professor. The Chair of Electrical Engineering serves as the academic and administrative leader of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- An earned Doctorate in electrical engineering from an accredited North American university
- Recent ABET experience as a senior faculty member, department/college administrator or program evaluator
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English
- A record of teaching excellence and scholarly achievement at an accredited institution
- Advanced interpersonal verbal and written communication skills and
- Demonstrated ability to lead and successfully manage professionals in an academic organization.
In order to apply for a position of Associate/Full Professor, the candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate/Full professor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches courses in electrical engineering; engages in scholarly activities
- Takes responsibility for the academic, research, facilities, and financial affairs of the department
- Provides effective leadership and direction for the department through a process that shares governance including strategic planning, management of human, financial and physical resources, and supervision of the department’s compliance with national (Saudi NCAAA) and international (ABET) accreditation standards
- Directs the development of faculty
- Performs administrative duties such as academic planning, budgeting, advising, class scheduling, and faculty evaluation
- Assists the Dean of the College of Engineering in ensuring the continuous growth, development, and improvement of the College and
- Serves on college and university committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Appropriate academic advising for students
- Student Tutoring and remediation to achieve learning outcomes goals
- Maintenance and development of the curriculum
- Provision of course materials to students
- Maintaining the class schedule
- Evaluation of faculty
- Teaching of advanced level courses
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)