Assessment Laboratory Instructor
Assessment Laboratory Instructor
DEPARTMENT Core Curriculum Program – Humanities and Social Studies
SCHOOL Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Department Chair; College Dean
The primary role of the Assessment Lab instructor is to:
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.;
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process;
- Contribute to the continuing innovation and development of the program;
- Continually improving and updating class material to meet student specific needs;
- Participate in departmental activities and service to the department such as meetings, committee memberships ...etc.
Proficiency in the following:
- Adobe Dream Weaver
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- A candidate who holds Master's (preferred) or Bachelor's degree from a Western University in Instructional Technology or closely related field.
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken as the instruction medium at PMU is in English.
- Ability to teach at the University Level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- To play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- To participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And to perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
These positions are exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, PMU offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East.
We are looking for creative, experienced and qualified applicants who will identify with the mission of the University.
HOW TO APPLY
Application must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (include recent photo, citizenship, links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile) and unofficial copies of all university transcripts, statement of teaching interest, as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) professional references.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
Global Engagement Department:
Ms. Charisma A. De-Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
Apply for Assessment Laboratory Instructor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly