Advancement and Business Development Officer
Advancement and Business Development Officer to develop and implement growth strategies for the achievement of revenue goals. Candidate should have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how, should be team players who not only understand how to identify a new market opportunity, but also know what it takes to lead a team forward and realize that opportunity.
The role is responsible for providing complex administrative support for department management, coordinating and overseeing the work of support staff, and following up on all development requirements in support of day-to-day operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Alfaisal Development department with business planning and goal setting.
- Engage in market research in order to identify new opportunities for business.
- Develop innovative strategies for retaining donors; this includes undertaking interviews in order to get feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about the business and its development practices, its marketing activities, prospective clients, and the trends for the industry
- Schedules, plans and coordinates work actions of support staff in accordance to Alfaisal’s Development strategy.
- Marketing skills: The officer in charge of business development should be able to pitch, negotiate, close deals
- Networking skills: He/she should have the ability to build and maintain relationships and contacts in and outside the university
- Prepare complex, statistical, technical, financial, and confidential and other various reports, charts and graphs for Alfaisal University upper management, BOT and committees
- Collects data from various sources and analyzes for accuracy, completeness and relevance.
- Provides administrative support to upper level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Corresponds with concerned donors, bot, etc. via email or telephone to coordinate visits, donations, engagement, etc.
- Maintains budget records, such as reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure statements.
- Develop concise grant proposal tailored to each program need, and sponsors and donors interest
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of Development day to day operating reports.
- Assists with the implementation of department and University policies and procedures.
- Participate in daily/annual office responsibilities including attending meetings, managing and updating VIPs list for Alfaisal annual events, preparing biweekly reports
- Assist on the activities of Alfaisal University fundraising campaign (e.g. develop proposals, campaign materials, overseeing campaign events, event full planning, etc).
- Strategic Thinking: develops business planes geared towards the needs of an activity, a project or an event
- Must be flexible and able multi task on the job and the ability to work under pressure and still meet up with given deadlines
- Execute all tasks given by the Advancement Senior Manager
Key Performance Measures
Ability to constantly generate new ideas for the company’s advancement and success
Project skills: Ability to manage project effectively with developed goals and procedures for its implementation
Organizational skills: He/she must have the ability to stay put on assignments
Analytical skills: Business development officers must be analytical thinkers with the ability to analyse new and prospective opportunities in business Level of decisions making and confidentiality