Full /Associate Professor – Faculty of Finance
Full /Associate Professor – Faculty of Finance
Ref. No: #19201-FOF01
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Full/Associate Professor in Finance
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The Faculty of Finance (FOF) is a newly established faculty at City University of Macau. Currently in its first year, FOF has three programme offerings: Bachelor of Applied Economics, Master of Science in Finance and PhD in Finance. FOF aims to accommodate a wide variety of research and teaching interests in Economics and Finance. With a focus on integrating finance theory with practice, FOF aims to establish and maintain strong education and research links with industries and regulators in Macau, the Greater Bay Area and in the Asia-Pacific Region.
The Faculty seeks to appoint qualified academics with the ability to produce outstanding research in Finance, as well as a commitment to quality teaching at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels. The successful candidate will be responsible for duties including i) teaching, ii) supervision and coordination of student’s professional practice and dissertations, iii) mentoring of junior faculty members in teaching and research, and iv) conduct independent research and contribute to the development and implementation of faculty and university level research strategies and activities.
- A PhD in Finance, Financial Economics or a closely related field e.g. Actuarial Science or Econometrics.
- Track record of publications in UK’s Association of Business Schools (ABS) Rank 3 and above, or Australian Business Deans’ Council (ABDC) Rank A and above finance and finance-related journals.
- Experience in teaching finance or related courses at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, with a proven record of teaching evaluation.
- Experience with PhD supervision, and a track record of successfully supervising PhD students to completion.
- Managerial experience in faculty or university-level appointments e.g. Head of Department, Associate Dean.
- Evident research pipeline leading to publication in ABS-3 and ABDC-A finance journals.
- Industry experience and network, and knowledge of contemporaneous topics in Finance surrounding Macau and the Greater Bay Area.
- Experience with postgraduate programme design and coordination.
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and succinctly in English and Mandarin.
A candidate who possesses both essential and desirable qualifications is encouraged to apply for Full Professorship.
Successful applicants will initially be appointed on three contract cycles over six years. During this time, the teaching load will be limited to 4 courses (around 170 contact hours) per academic year. A repeat class counts as 1 course. The teaching load could be reduced factoring in PhD supervision. For some postgraduate courses, it is possible to arrange for intensive teaching over 5 weeks instead of the 14-week semester, subject to course scheduling and approval. During the initial appointment, a successful applicant is expected to contribute to the Faculty’s research profile by publishing in MaxRank [ABS-3; ABDC-A] finance journals.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. Currently, the highest marginal personal tax rate in Macao is 12%. But the effective tax rate is around 5% to 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit http://www.cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply ONLINE via the link http://126.96.36.199:2000/Job/Login.aspx or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau on or before January 31, 2019.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in Aug 2019.
Informal inquiry on the position can be made directly with the Executive Dean, Faculty of Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**