Assistant Director Workplace Accommodation
1 day left
- Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000178-Vice Provost for Institutional Equity
Personnel area: University Administration
The Accommodation Specialist facilitates the evaluation and implementation of reasonable accommodations registered with the Office of Institutional Equity for the Johns Hopkins University workplace population. The Accommodation Specialist will act as the central intake resource for accommodation requests, ensuring the flow of information among departments/divisions/schools in a timely manner.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interview, collect, and analyze information to evaluate reasonable accommodation requests.
- Act as a liaison between OIE, staff, faculty, departments/divisions/schools in the resolution of reasonable accommodation requests.
- Manage case files and prepare correspondence to staff, faculty, administrators and leadership.
- Maintain current information regarding state and federal laws and regulations concerning the rights of persons with disabilities as well as best practices of other universities in providing reasonable accommodations and adhering to the university’s employment policies and procedures for community members with disabilities.
- Work with the ADA Compliance Officer as a collaborative team to promote an environment of access and equal opportunity.
- Provide administrative and project support to the ADA Compliance Officer while exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Participate on University committees as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for experience.
- Direct experience in a Higher Education disability services office.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities and interpreting and implementing Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act and disability documentation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and tactfully handle sensitive situations with discretion.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- MS Office Products.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information