Classified Title: IT Architect
Working Title: Quality & Testing Architect
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mondays - Fridays; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 02-MD:Mount Washington Campus
Department name: 10001627-IT@JH Enterprise Business Solutions
Personnel area: University Administration
General Position Summary:
- The SAP Technical Architect for Johns Hopkins will be responsible for creating and driving engaging digital experiences. The SAP Technical Architect will serve as a cross-functional team member; working on information architecture, workflow, design, testing, and prototyping. This role will collaborate with representatives from multiple departments to understand goals of each project and drive the team to execute.
- This position anticipates internal and external business challenges and recommends product, process, or service improvements. Employees in this role solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- This role serves a critical function in supporting Enterprise Systems and other systems through the oversight and business logic/technical support of available UI tools. This role requires an individual with a strong working functional/technical knowledge of UI applications and the ability to identify areas for simplification and improvement. This role will be expected to work efficiently and independently.
- The design, creation and ongoing stewardship of the suite of testing tools used to support the ERP (SAP) system. In additions, exercising the tool set to ensure highest quality, complete testing and reporting of the ERP System, to ensure correct productive operation.
- Oversee code verifications and participate in peer reviews
- Perform verifications and tests according to process
- Ensure project and processes meet all requirements and reliability standards
Position is responsible for full life-cycle of large/long-term highly complex projects. Typically manages multiple projects of varying capabilities for users from JHHS, JHU, JHBMC, Suburban Hospital, Sibley Memorial Hospital, HCGH, ACH and other areas. Strong ability to understand complex business tasks and software interactions. Strong customer relationship skills, ability to influence clients towards optimal solutions.
- Will be responsible to support entire test planning and execution life cycle support during sprint planning and execution activities. Conduct life cycle test activities using various industry standard products. Manage test planning and execution using HP ALM.
- Will be ISTQB test foundation level certified and employ various test execution methodologies during test execution support. Provide white box test execution methodology support in conducting need based back end test support. Work involved analyzing relational databases and writing complex SQLs in verifying the application functionality.
- Will be responsible for building regression test case suites for the various enterprise application modules. This involve review of application requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare effective test cases. Conduct feasibility analysis to determine appropriate automated test coverage support.
- Will be responsible in providing a practical approach to perform automated testing of various enterprise applications using latest technologies including open system products like selenium, VBscripts. Also involved in extensive analysis of various testing tools to select appropriate tools to implement customized test solutions to reduce cost of the test effort and provide optimum test coverage support. This effort involved development and maintenance of effective test frameworks in implementing best practices in the testing industry.
- Review business load test requirements to provide effective performance test support.Candiate should be HP AIS certified in the past and develop performance test scripts using industry standard languages and conduct performance tests under given project constraints to simulate production equivalent core workflow workloads. Collaborate with SAP functional analysts, developers, ABAP team and infrastructure team to help monitoring the infrastructure environment. Report performance test planning and test execution status to various project stakeholders. Conduct performance tests with objective of helping SAP basis team in sizing and configuring the development environments. This effort would help Basis team in deploying optimum resources in the environment giving cost effective technical solution.Candiate should have good understanding of networking to provide effective performance test execution coordination support to isolating and resolving performance bottlenecks.
- Lead and manage small sized teams in planning and execution of testing activities. Build automated test control metrics to prepare and report test execution status to the various project stakeholders. Keep track of sprint test cases, defects, issue and risk lists in effective/efficient monitoring and controlling of sprint cycles. Provide team mentor support in building test solution and knowledge management effort.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Five years of related work experience with computer systems and applications. Additional education may substitute for experience.
- Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Strong experience using Manual, automated and open-source testing tools.
- Able to provide examples of design mockups, documentation and final products reflecting
- Experience with non-SAP tools and software
- Experience with mobile devices, tablets, PC/Laptop and server support considerations
- Experience with Testing via cloud and internet browsers and associated support considerations
- Experience with Agile Development methodology, techniques and practices
- Project Management and Scope Management experience
- Technology leadership experience
- Java Full Stack and HTML5, experience
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an on premise or geographically dispersed team
- Experience integrating systems to resolve UX, issues
- Strong organizational skill, work management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation development and customer interaction skills
- Experience with SAP products
- Experience with HP ALM & QC, UFT, Selenium, Load Runner or open-source equivalence testing tools
- Understand overall software architecture (2 year)
- Experience with design and human-computer interaction
- Experience with SQL, C, C+ , scripting, source control, and bug tracking systems
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Deep experience interacting with non-technical customers to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Proficient with industry standard design, prototyping and Quality Assurance tools
- Asses QA tools that can be used across the enterprise
- Load testing tools, Quality and individual testing
- Evaluate and ensure technical feasibility of UI designs
- Ensure architecture and design of the solution is in alignment with overall enterprise architecture
- Focus on simplifying processes while delivering accurate results
- Should have maturity of understanding and able to connect end to end flows – from Front end to middle tier to back end
- Extremely high communication and customer management skills, should be able to work with customers at various levels from executives to senior management to end users
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information