Staff Assistant, Anesthesiology
Meeting, schedule, project and performance tracking duties
- coordinate divisional meetings and division-wide calendar of activities; assist the Chief with meeting effectiveness
- agenda preparation, support documents/fact sheets, minutes.
- assist the Chief with clinical scheduling, requests, swaps and overtime tracking using Qgenda physician scheduling software.
- assist the Chief in developing and implementing a communication plan with the divisional faculty.
- exercise “informal authority” to facilitate adherence to timelines.
- schedule follow-up meetings with faculty to discuss performance and monitor progress.
- independently assist the Chief with detailed status reports and Division performance presentations; assist Division Chief with clinical productivity and balanced scheduling reporting. Use QGenda to track clinical productivity.
- track divisional publication progress via CT Publications Tracker.
- in collaboration with other divisional staff assistants, coordinate, organize and maintain faculty electronic and paper files
- correspondence, credentialing, licensing and certification, reference materials, publications, memberships, FDA expenses.
- in collaboration with other divisional staff assistants, maintain updated CVs for divisional faculty.
- interface between the CT Anesthesia division and other Duke and non-Duke collaborative entities:
- facilitate interface between the CT Anesthesia division and DUHS/Hospital administration, specifically Perioperative Services.
- facilitate interface between the CT Anesthesia division and other Duke Departments, Divisions and Centers, as well as other academic centers to promote collaborative scholarly projects.
- arrange, schedule, coordinate, and track activities for visiting division faculty, faculty facilitators and learners.
Time management duties
- assist the Chief with time management – maintaining calendar, some email management. With general guidance as to priorities, manages the time and calendar of the Division Chief, choosing or recommending among competing demands on time, and referring matters to be handled by others.
- schedule and coordinate travel arrangements and registration for seminars and conferences.
- schedule appointments and meetings with various departmental/divisional faculty, staff, vendors, and committees.
Faculty recruiting and onboarding duties
- assist with coordinating faculty recruitment itineraries.
- assist with onboarding new faculty.
- collating, arranging and organizing financial information for the Division.
- maintenance and reconciliation of FDA and Divisional Discretionary expense accounts.
- prepare and submit dues, membership, travel, and reimbursement expenses.
- plan and coordinate social team-building events for the division.
- continue to promote a culture of high-trust, self-awareness, approachability and integrity between both faculty and other staff assistants.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE