Primary role: This person will be responsible to lead the development, maintenance and operations of the ServiceNow platform for Duke Medicine and Duke University and as sure successful deployments of applications following best practices.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation, Training and Operational Support.
- Insight on functional and non-functional requirements related to technical delivery of the project
- Perform ServiceNow implementation tasks including but not limited to: configuration, integration, custom programming
- Document technical architectures that could be clearly understood and immediately used by developers to construct code and unit test
- Develop and document best practice approaches and reusable assets.
- Document and follow established processes for both Operational and Agile/Project development work
- Ensures project scope and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Ensure smooth and top-quality delivery of projects in collaboration with project manager and the project team
- Perform system and application configuration and management
- Provide Level 3 customer support of tickets assigned to the ServiceNow team
- Ensure smooth flow and support of high/critical tickets both during and after normal work hours
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems
- Use SCRUM/Agile development methodologies In addition to above, a Level 3 Team Lead will
- Serve in a lead role to support all Agile/Scrum ceremonies including Story grooming, Scrum, Release/Sprint planning, Demo and Retrospective etc. and follow-up on action items from these meetings
- Multi-tasking skills to effectively balance Sprints, Releases, Maintenance activities, Meetings and managing ticket queues
- Assist in the interview process and in on-boarding new staff, ensuring they are trained on all technical aspects of the job
- Help maintain vendor relations and management of contracting resources for ongoing projects
- Support management in day-to-day personnel oversight and work flow management activities
- Assist with keeping API tracking system up-to-date, Performance Reviews, budget planning and employee relations
- Serve as an expert resource for staff, fielding questions and educating on best practice
- Partner with management in identifying, developing and delivering Enterprise IT solutions
- Proactively apprise management of emerging technical issues that may require attention
- Keep abreast of IT industry trends and best practices
- Ensure compliance with set Policies, Procedures and Standards
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Preferred certification in development technologies, as appropriate for the position.
- Level 3 - Five years of directly related IT experience and at least 2 years of ServiceNow experience is required
- Relational database expertise such as Oracle, MS Sql Server, etc. preferred
- Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP,WSDL, REST)preferred
- XML, XSLT preferred
- Integration (interfacing) of enterprise software systems preferred
- UI/UXdesign, Angular JJS, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JSON, JQuery preferred The following certifications are strongly preferred
- Agile / SCRUM experience, preferably acting in capacity as a SCRUM master
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certification preferred
- ServiceNow/Remedy experience
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: None required. Preferred certification in development technologies, as appropriate for the position.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.Level 2 - Two years of directly related experience is required.Level 3 - Four years of directly related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications