Research Officer in Politics/Political Science
Classification: ANU Officer 5/6 (Research)
Salary package: $70,078 - $82,651 per annum (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Part time (28 hours per week), Fixed term (12 months) Two split appointments at 14 hours per week (0.4FTE) will also be considered
The ANU Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs (Bell School) is a world-leading centre for research, education, and policy analysis on international and Asia Pacific politics, security, diplomacy, and strategic affairs. The School comprises a number of vibrant, interdisciplinary, intellectual communities: the Department of International Relations, the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre, the Asia Pacific College of Diplomacy, the Department of Political and Social Change, and the Department of Pacific Affairs.
The Research Officer will provide research assistance to the Chief Investigator (CI) of the project, Prof. Toni Erskine, liaising with a range of stakeholders and providing assistance with the design and implementation of research directions.
The primary responsibility of the Research Officer will be to assist the CI in the completion of a book manuscript. The subject matter lies at the intersection of International Relations and Moral and Political Philosophy. The Research Officer will be responsible for providing general support related to all research activities associated with the project, in addition to being responsible for independently collecting, synthesizing, and analysing research for specific aspects of the project.
For enquiries on this position, please contact Professor Toni Erskine: firstname.lastname@example.org,
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- A cover letter, including if willing to be considered for 0.8 and/or 0.4 FTE.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term History, Philosophy & Theology Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Politics & International Studies Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra