Top Education Institute is a private higher education provider registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Authority (TEQSA), Australia’s higher education regulator. As an Australian public company, TOP has been listed on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since May 2018. Additionally TOP has received Self-Accrediting Authority status from TEQSA within the Broad Field of Education BOE 08 Management and Commence including AQF levels 5 to 9.
Through our two professional schools, the Sydney City School of Business and Sydney City School of Law, and our alliance with PwC Australia, we are committed to providing quality higher education in business and law studies leading to careers in the domestic and international market.
We seek to equip all students with a solid, comprehensive knowledge base on which they can receive advanced, systematic training in their respective disciplines, and are encouraged to exercise individual freedom of intellectual thought and curiosity. By encouraging independent, critical thought and the development of strong research skills, we prepare our students for success in their chosen careers or postgraduate fields of study.
The Academic Officer is responsible for assisting senior academic management staff in the Law School. They will be responsible for liaising with students and teaching staff, monitoring student progress and performance, responding to student enquiries, supporting students, and helping with events and meetings.
The Academic Officer may also be responsible for assisting Business School academic staff during busy periods.
- Providing support for the Academic team and the academic needs of students.
- Providing responsive and accurate course advice and process enrolments for students.
- Monitoring students who have been identified as being 'at risk' and providing students with accurate advice on available support services.
- Provide academic advice to international students.
- Assessing and processing student administration applications including non-standard enrolment, special consideration, assessment appeal, leave of absence and early exit.
- Liaising with teaching staff to process examination papers and results.
- Assisting with the maintenance of academic support email account, and attending to student requests.
- Liaising with the Marketing team and Student Services team to organise events related to the law faculty such as prize night, and liaising with publishers for awards.
- Attending and presenting at TOP events (open day, etc.) related to the law faculty and providing support in delivering high school workshops.
- Being point of contact for the Student Law Society – this may include attending some meetings.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Hold a degree in Law (or have relevant legal experience) OR have experience in the education sector
- Work rights in Australia
- Have a high level of written and verbal English
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be a friendly, warm personality with a 'can do' attitude
- Experience in the education sector would be advantageous
- Please send questions and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org