Information Technology Technical Manager
Org FRES Information Technology Services
Posted to the Web 01/12/2019
Posted Job/Salary Grade D
Employment Type Exempt
Position Type Full Time
Position Schedule varies
Position Length Ongoing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES) provides the expertise, business process, policies and standards required to plan, design, construct, operate, maintain and renew the physical assets of the University, excluding the health system. In addition, the Division, comprised of approximately five Departments, is responsible for the strategic planning, management and operation of non-academic University property, and collaborating with the neighborhood to create a safe, diverse and economically vibrant destination. With close to 12M square feet of space, FRES maintains 186 buildings on a campus of 276 acres, completes over 60,000 maintenance requests per year, and starts approximately 250 projects a year. FRES is comprised of the following Departments: Administration, Office of the University Architect, Design and Construction, Real Estate, Operations and Maintenance.
The University of Pennsylvania is implementing a campus transformation entitled Penn Connects (http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu). This comprehensive, award winning effort is expanding the campus over the next 20 years, including the construction of new academic research and recreational facilities. In addition, the University has secured $300M in Century Bond funding and continues to upgrade existing facilities over the coming years. https://www.facilities.upenn.edu/
Delivers technical support and project management support to projects and systems related to the implementation and maintenance of hardware, software and security policies for the division of Facilities and Real Estate Services.
Provides network, server, security and project management services. Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system and an existing cyber security plan, including the development of FRES policies and procedures and ongoing monitoring of security compliance. Ensures vendor compliance with University security standards. Provides network hardware and software support.
Assists in the development and manages the implementation, training and auditing of security policies and procedures which safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems. Maintains knowledge of changing security technologies and requirements as well as network and server best practices. Acts as liaison to University Security Office. Assumes project management responsibilities for new system or upgrade initiatives within the division.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent and 5 years to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- CIISP or Security+ certification highly desirable.
- A minimum 3 years progressive experience in Network Administration;
- A minimum of two years of IT security work required or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in installing and managing servers and networks required.
- Experience with IIS required .
- Familiarity with Patch Management, Logging and Endpoint Management solutions required.
- Familiarity with MS Azure desirable.
- Experience with Big Fix, Splunk, and ICONICS software desirable.
- Basic understanding of Building Automation Systems preferred.
- One year of project management experience and familiarity with cyber security best practices and methodologies required.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, problem-solving & organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and FISMA/NIST security frameworks strongly preferred.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.