Associate Director, Business School Fund
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Reporting to the Director of Reunion Giving, the Associate Director is responsible for implementing program strategies to encourage increased dollars and participation in giving from alumni through Reunions, one of the primary Business School Fund programs.
In this role, the successful candidate will identify and prioritize donor prospects, solicit alumni for reunion commitments ranging from participation gifts to 6-figure leadership contributions, and work with a portfolio of assigned prospects to establish ongoing relationships. S/he will also develop fundraising strategies, and assist with designing and managing language for the annual giving appeals.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Work with a portfolio of assigned prospects/donors to cultivate, solicit, and steward their support.
- Develop fundraising strategies, and track and analyze results of development activities.
- Identify and prioritize prospects, make volunteer prospects assignments, prepare background material for solicitations, and follow up with volunteers to ensure completion of assigned solicitations.
- Establish ongoing relationships with individual alumni through personal visits, phone calls, and meaningful contacts.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on overall results to internal and external constituencies, as needed.
- Assist with design and management of appeals (e.g., direct mail, email, video, phone, and other channels) to target key populations to maximize fundraising potential.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising in a higher education environment. Will also consider strong sales experience.
- Ability to develop and initiate new strategies
- Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans and handling emergencies when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at articulating compelling cases for major gifts and annual discretionary support.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources We offer free commuter programs and ride sharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.