Admin Asst Inter Healthcare
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Data Collaborative (MDC) is a unit in Michigan Medicine Health Information Technology and Services (HITS) which provides a safe, trusted resource to which multiple Payers and Health Systems in the state can provide data with the goal of performing population health reporting and analytics in support of statewide care transformation efforts. The data from multiple payers and health systems is assembled to create a full picture of a patient’s health care experience. In collecting and aggregating this data, and enriching it with measures for outcomes, quality of care, and others, MDC provides comprehensive population-level data, reporting, and analytics in support of state-wide care transformation efforts. MDC currently provides $1.8-$3.0M in contracted annual services.
The Michigan Data Collaborative seeks a self-motivated, collaborative, organized, detail-oriented, and service-oriented individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position reports directly to the MDC Director and works closely with other Administrative Assistants within HITS.
Successful candidates for this role will work closely with leaders and team members to anticipate, coordinate, and implement the administrative activities of the department by performing highly responsive and sometimes sensitive and/or confidential duties. They will ensure the smooth functioning of administrative needs through coordinating many important activities. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with administrative assistant peers across the organization.
This is a part-time position (20 hrs/week).
The primary duty in this job is to provide administrative support to the Michigan Data Collaborative (MDC) team, which consists of 20+ staff and 3 leadership positions. This includes, but is not limited to:
Provide calendar and time management support to the MDC leadership by prioritizing and responding to calendar requests, pro-actively anticipating needs and planning accordingly. As requested, for MDC leadership and staff, schedule meetings, manage calendar invitations, find and reserve meeting rooms, prepare meeting rooms, and arrange for equipment and other meeting needs as necessary.
Plan and coordinate events, including leadership and staff activities, working with venues within and outside the University to reserve space, catering, audio-visual, and other needs.
Manage the development of itinerary flight schedule and reservations, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, conference registrations and other applicable arrangements and completion of travel expense reports.
Help plan and execute meetings, prepare/distribute agendas, minutes, track action and pending items and coordinate follow-up activities. Prep room in advance of meetings if needed, obtain and place refreshments in room, and arrange web conferencing and phone conference lines if needed.
Assist with recruiting logistics and activities as requested such as scheduling phone interviews with candidates, and coordinating all in-person logistics such as scheduling interview dates and times, coordinating availability with interviewers and candidates, creating interview itineraries, providing directions to candidates, meeting and escorting candidates to and from interview rooms, and other support as needed.
Order and manage office supplies for the team.
Procurement Process Support:
Execute the procurement process for license purchases and renewals, professional association membership dues, computer and other equipment, and other purchases as needed.
Continually learn and grown in your role. This could include: on-the-job training, attending relevant courses and conferences, reading or other research. Share this knowledge with others as relevant. Being proactive in identifying growth opportunities in and out of the UM community.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in an administrative support capacity
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Google applications or similar office productivity tools
- Experience using Adobe/Blue Jeans or other A/V conferencing technology
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with event coordination and planning
- Ability to exercise a high-level of initiative, discretion and judgment regarding sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and regularly exercise judgment in setting priorities
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, professional work environment
- Must be able to take direction from multiple individuals and have proven ability to prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including cross-cultural oral and written communication skills. Experience and ability to create grammatically correct, accurate, and effective letters, memos, reports, and presentations. Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, professional demeanor and presentation are necessary.
- Position requires exercising considerable respect, discretion, initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and a positive service-oriented attitude and assisting people calmly in stressful situations and matters of a sensitive and confidential nature. Ability to respond with appropriate urgency to situations that arise and solve problems pro-actively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with providing information technology administration and support
- Familiarity with policies and practices of working in a healthcare environment
- Familiarity with policies and practices of working in a higher education environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Concur or similar travel and expense management software
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.