Starting Salary Range: [[$22.10 – $29.97/ Commensurate with Experience ]]
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: [[Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5:00p / 37.5 hrs per wk]]
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10002645-SOM Admin Std Health University Health
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Supports University Health Services (UHS). Assists in development and analysis of annual budgets and projections over complete life cycle. Tracks and processes financial transactions involving clinical, general funds, joint agreement funds, federal and/or private grants and contracts, and gift and discretionary accounts relevant to all programs and services offered by University Health Services (UHS). In collaboration with the SOM Business Office, performs cost analyses and projections related to health insurance and annual health fee rates and trends to improve financial effectiveness and ensure compliance with University and/or agency regulations and restrictions. Responsible for assisting in the control of established budgets by loading of budget, reconciling budget information and changes. Extracts and analyzes financial data to assist in the financial management of the UHS operations. Conducts analyses of financial data to ensure efficient use of resources. Processes financial transactions related to providers, staff, payroll, contracts, purchasing and other areas that have budgetary impact. Generates monthly financial reports and monitors revenues and expenditures for various business lines, including, but not limited to clinical funds, designated and discretionary funds, affiliated institution funds and general funds against budget. Performs productivity/utilization analyses related to all clinical functions of UHS to facilitate the provision of cost effective high quality care to students and trainees. Become in-house resource for interpretation of data from health IT systems related to resource utilization and productivity. Represents UHS by liaising with other Hopkins departments and outside entities, including other student health centers, as needed, to inform UHS of best practices related to budget, finances and cost-effective practices. This position directly reports to the UHS Senior Administrative Manager.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain annual operating budget and re-projection for submission to SOM Business office using the EPSi application, recommending budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Use various applications, such as SAP, Analysis reporting tool, spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical and graphics packages to run, assemble, present data and generate reports relevant to budget maintenance, monitoring of variances and proposed budget projections
- UHS Health Fee
- Liaison between UHS and SOM, BSPH and SON Student Accounts Offices; runs reports in ISIS for SOM, SON and BSPH Health Fee transactions to gather, monitor and report data on UHS Health Fee enrollment, trends, charges and fee schedules
- Perform statistical analysis of data reported in the various accounting systems related to development of annual health fee and insurance rates
- UHS Departmental Financial Transactions
- Prepare and process online check requests, online bill payments, purchase order requests and payments, travel reimbursements, employee reimbursements, and submit monthly financial transactions such as KB15N’s, journal entries, and non-payroll cost transfers
- Prepare and process ISRs and documents (on-line and/or paper) related to provider and staff payroll/salary and personnel changes
- Prepare and process cash/check deposits
- Maintain and organize contracts and vendor related back-up documentation files
- UHS Clinical and Provider Productivity
- Create, maintain and run monthly provider productivity reports on data from both primary medical care and mental health care scheduling systems (currently Medicat and Titanium)
- Create, maintain and run monthly reports on patient population (e.g., wait times, visit counts and duration, visit types, diagnoses, demographics)
- Liaison to Titanium user support in collaboration with IT staff for set-up of provider profiles, appointment and system coding templates, and troubleshooting technical issues
- Assist in the development of provider model assumptions for staffing needs
- Enter, compile and report on satisfaction survey data results
- Prepare financial graphs, charts and reports for UHS Management and Advisory Board meetings
- Attend meetings related to UHS Health Fee, health insurance and budget development as needed
- Attend scheduled executive management meetings as needed
- Maintain, edit and update UHS Website as needed
- Demonstrates ability for self-direction and initiation, as well as ability to work independently and as part of a team, to complete tasks on schedule
- Must be organized and able to appropriately prioritize responsibilitiesHas regular interaction with Director of UHS, UHS Sr. Administrative Manager and UHS and SOM Business Office staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other related field.
- 1 year of related progressively responsible experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field required.
- One year progressively responsible related financial experience required, as well as experience in a health care related environment preferred.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Additional graduate level course work may substitute for some experience.
- Advanced knowledge of University’s SAP accounting system, practice and implementation within Hopkins system highly preferred.
- Experience with ISIS, IDX and EPIC systems, and ability to query SQL server data through MS Access preferred.
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheets and word processing required.
NOTE: The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact generally require immunization against mumps, rubella, measles, chicken pox and hepatitis B. Blood tests for immunities for these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests from their own health care providers.
Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office. Please be aware that should you require vaccination for chicken pox, the vaccine is administered in tow doses given six weeks apart. Johns Hopkins University policy is that individuals will be placed off work without pay between these two doses.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information