Organization Name College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is aworld-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city ofthe United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively
Khalifa University launched the College of Medicine and Health Sciences(CMHS) on July 4th 2018. Establishment of the CMHS, the first medical college based in the city of Abu Dhabi, responds to the challenge of developing world-class healthcare in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates and region. In the coming years, Khalifa University intends to roll out a range of degree programsin medicine and health sciences that will be offered through the CMHS. By strengthening the university’s faculty base in these disciplines, Khalifa University will also expand its research portfolio, which currently includes medical genetics, genome sciences, bio-materials for nano-medicine, cellular biomechanics,bio-robotics, tissue regeneration, medical systems engineering, bioinformatics and artificial intelligence.
The Chair of the Department of Medicine is responsible for developing and implementing department plans and procedures as well as ensuring the continuity of long-term planning and operational execution in the educational, clinical, research, and administrative activities of the department.
- Provides leadership of the Department of Medicine.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the Department's strategy, as well as its annual business plans.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of Khalifa University and the CMHS, ensuring they promote best practices and excellence.
- Oversees the development and management of the Department’s budgets, ensuring it is in alignment with the mission of Khalifa University and the CMHS.
- Provides departmental leadership in the areas of education, research, clinical operations and service outreach.
- Participates in CMHS accreditation processes and it program of continuous quality improvement.
- Serves as a mentor and professional role model to students, faculty and staff.
- MD and/or PhD in a relevant field of study.
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Professor.
- Significant leadership experience as a chair, vice chair, division chief or program director in a relevant medical school department.
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of a Full Professor.
- Completion of a degree in management.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, and/or research.
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in leading and successfully managing educational programs in a medical school, including 5 years of teaching experience at the level of Full Professor.
- Experience in health care management.
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Please submit your application before the deadline of 31 July 2019.