Faculty, Epidemiology and Public Health
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Khalifa University launched the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) on July 4th 2018. Establishment of the CMHS, the first medical college based in the city of Abu Dhabi, responds to the challenge of developing world-class healthcare in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates and region. In the coming years, Khalifa University intends to roll out a range of degree programs in medicine and health sciences that will be offered through the CMHS. By strengthening the university’s faculty base in these disciplines, Khalifa University will also expand its research portfolio, which currently includes medical genetics, genome sciences, bio-materials for nano-medicine, cellular bio mechanics, bio-robotics, tissue regeneration, medical systems engineering, bioinformatics and artificial intelligence.
The position calls for a leading authority in "epidemiology and public health" with evidence of exceptional academic standing.
Expected to have a made a substantive contribution to their discipline, and can show evidence of innovative curriculum development, a distinguished record of teaching, and proven academic leadership.
- Develop course outlines in their respective disciplines.
- Ensure course objectives are in alignment with MD Progam objectives
- Assist Chair in identifying, recruiting, assigning, and training faculty lecturers
- Prepare teaching material including course outline, syllabus and lesson plans. Revise the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject.
- Teach at the graduate and undergraduate medical education level in subject areas related to biomedical sciences on time schedules allocated by the Line Manager.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Provide students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses.
- Engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses.
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and provide remedial classes when necessary.
- Set and mark exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity.
- Use up-to-date instructional technology and ensure the delivery is clear and consistent.
- Participate in professional peer reviews.
- Develop and improve their scholarly competence and effectiveness as teachers within their area of expertise.
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities:
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers or make presentations at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Serve on the CMHS Curriculum Committee
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Appropriately supervise direct reports, including course coordinators.
- A degree in medicine (MD or MBBS) and/or a postgraduate degree (PhD) in an area relevant to the appointment.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching and mentorship in the discipline at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Demonstrable abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team, well developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the initiative.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience AND experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching and administrative services of an organizational unit (e.g. a centre, department).
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, teaching and research statement, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references. Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Please submit your application before the deadline of 31 July 2019.
More searches like this
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Tutors jobs in United Arab Emirates