Sponsored Projects Specialist
Classified Title: Sponsored Projects Specialist
Working Title: Sponsored Projects Specialist
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OF
Starting Hourly Pay Range: $19.62 – $27.0
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm / 40 hrs per wk
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 46-MD:JH at Harbor East
Department name: 10003802-SOM Admin Res Clinical Research Contract
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures appropriate forms are completed by administrative staff and faculty, correct cost rates for IDC and F&A are applied, and that proposals are submitted via COEUS (the university’s system for sponsored projects management).
- Verifies that all required processes have been met, files are properly assembled for review and are complete.
- Makes judgments within a complex matrix of policy and regulation whether to proceed or to obtain additional review or approval.
- Ensures that negotiation and agreement tracking information required for contract proposals, non-disclosure, collaboration, and materials agreement is accurately maintained in COEUS and MyRAP (the JHU ORA’s systems for sponsored proposal processing and research agreement negotiation), updating the database as needed.
- Determines schedules to meet review and submission deadlines.
- Applies knowledge of federal regulations and policy on research compliance, e.g., human subjects, animals, and stem cell use. Understands processes regarding conflict of interest and compliance that impact proposal submission, contract signoff, and problem resolution.
- Composes transmittal correspondence to internal (e.g., administrative staff) and external (e.g., sponsors) regarding status of negotiations and/or signature process.
- Responds to routine questions regarding rules and regulations governing sponsored programs.
- Responsible for meeting benchmarks, timelines and goals to expedite processing of grants and contracts.
- Participates in continuing education to learn updates/changes in procedures, regulations, technology, etc.
- Assist callers and visitors with routine information, Excel, and website information. Share secondary responsibility for front desk coverage on an as-needed basis.
- Requires minimum high school diploma/GED and at least 5 years of related administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Excel required, accurate mathematical and communication skills, strong reading comprehension and analytical skills, must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information