Staff Assistant For Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
Scope of Responsibilities:
Provide administrative support for the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs for Campus Life and Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs for HRL.
- Provide administrative support to two AVP’s including calendar management, travel and special event arrangements.
- Coordinate, manage and execute recurring projects such as annual reports, retreats, departmental training and celebrations, as well as ad hoc project assignments. Prepare documents, reports and presentations as requested. Staff searches for AVP direct report. 30%
- Respond appropriately to in person, email and phone enquiries including sensitive or confidential matters related to students, staff members or department business. Determine which correspondences to respond to or bring the AVP’s attention, based on content of communication or broad knowledge if departmental and division programs and activities. Make decisions and prepare correspondences independently requiring interpretation and application of departmental and divisional policies, procedures, rules and regulations for the Associate and Assistant Vice Presidents. Edit correspondences assuring accuracy and consistency. 20%
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets making recommendations and projections approval. 25%
- Control, maintain and coordinate files and archives. 5%
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet university, division or department goals and objectives. 20%
Required Minimum Qualifications
Education/training: Minimum two years post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Experience: Four years relevant work experience in administrative support including office management, communications and budget/accounting activities.
Job-Specific Skills and Competencies
- Strong ability to work within a complex environment with competing demands and set priorities to ensure work is accomplished on time, accurately and professionally.
- Excellent ability to plan and execute projects; superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent skills in related word processing, database and spreadsheet software applications.
- Experience developing and/or delivering training orprofessional development activities for nonexempt employees.
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes.
To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE