Laboratory Technician in Analysis
Department Name Center for Sustainable Development
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students - are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses eleven departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics, Arabic Language, Humanities, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning & Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Mass Communication, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Material Science, and Sports Science. The College also houses five graduate programs in Environmental Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science, Statistics, and Arabic Language. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. The College also houses three newly established research centers namely the Center for Social Science and Humanities, the Center for Sustainable Development, and the Gulf Studies Center
As members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is a major source of research funding, with individual project funding exceeding 1 million/project (5 million for exceptional projects), along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research-active faculty members winning multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing specimens and samples for analytical analysis;
- Performing of a variety of analytical techniques, including GC, HPLC, TOC/TN analysis of environmental, biomass and production samples to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Development and validation of new analytical methods in collaboration with researchers and colleagues
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting of laboratory analytical equipment to ensure research continuation
- Assisting and interacting with lab members on specific projects.
- To assist in organizing and ensuring that there are adequate stocks of chemicals, reagents and consumables in the laboratory
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, titrators, pipetting machines and pH meters;
- Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols
- To remain up to date with technical knowledge and to take advantage of training and development provided within the scope of the role
- B.Sc./ M.Sc. in his/her field of specialization
- Experience as an analytical chemist supporting research teams
- Operation, maintaining, and trouble-shooting laboratory analytical equipment such as GC(-MS) and HPLC instruments.
- Good and demonstrated knowledge of inventory, data base and spreadsheet software
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisement 20-Feb-2019