University Teacher of Mathematics
Category: Job vacancies
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA, FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS, Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana
(Reference number of public international job announcement: NJ04984)
- Number of available positions: 1
- Position code: D019001
- Title code: 1, 2 or 3
- Salary scale: IX
- Status: full-time.
- Type of contract: permanent.
- Start of employment: academic year 2019/2020.
CONDITIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in mathematical sciences;
- The title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor of Mathematics at the University of Ljubljana, or an equivalent title at a similar internationally recognised institution. In the latter case, the contract can be signed either after the equivalence of the titles has been officially recognised, or after the guest professor title has been awarded to the candidate, or after meeting the minimal quantitative and qualitative criteria for the appointment to the title (see the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenija, No 4/2017 and the Criteria for Appointment to the Titles of University Teacher, Researcher and Associate at the University of Ljubljana (Merila za volitve v nazive visokošolskih učiteljev, znanstvenih delavcev in sodelavcev Univerze v Ljubljani) from 25th October 2011 (including changes). In the latter case, the candidate has to submit the necessary documents for the recognition of the title (according to Article 157 of the Statutes UL) or full dossier (bibliography, biography, etc) proving that she/he meets the stated criteria for appointment to the title. A candidate has to enclose a statement that she/he agrees with the employment application to be considered also as an application for election to the title or for recognition of the title;
- B2 knowledge of Slovenian according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which is proven by a certificate. (if the selected candidate doesn't have the knowledge of Slovenian language, she/he has to gain it in three years from the employment start date);
- Demonstrated ability to perform the tasks in the job description.
The candidate is expected to:
- give lectures, conduct seminars and other educational activities;
- prepare, administer, and grade examinations;
- advise students on their theses and other projects;
- help develop syllabi and study programmes;
- organise all activities related to successful administration of the assigned courses; follow the prescribed syllabus and the state of the art in the topic area; coordinate and supervise other personnel involved with these courses (teaching assistants, technical personnel, etc.);
- cooperate in other activities related to teaching;
- perform research in mathematics, study and develop new concepts, theories, and methods;
- help ensure health and safety of co-workers and students, educate and inform those who might come in contact with dangerous materials, make correct use of personal safety equipment and take appropriate safety precautions when required;
- perform other activities related to research and education.
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA WILL BE USED AT THE EVALUATION:
- excellent research; internationally recognised potential to make a future impact;
- demonstrated ability to obtain and lead national or international research grants;
- demonstrated pedagogical skills, successful supervision of students;
- CV including all relevant qualifications and a full list of publications with bibliographical references.
- A list of most important publications relevant to the evaluation of the application (at most 10 publications).
- A research proposal for the next few years (maximum 3 pages).
- Record of successful grant applications.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- 2 recommendation letters.
JOB STARTING DATE: academic year 2019/2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 60 days, until 9. 3. 2019.
Applications should be sent to:
UL Fakulteta za matematiko in fiziko
or by e-mail address: email@example.com
The University of Ljubljana encourages gender equality in employment.
The employment contract shall be concluded with a candidate who meets the position requirements.
Employment of the selected candidate will be implemented upon the final adoption of the HR Plan for 2019.
CONTACT PERSON: Vidka Mužar. Tel.: 00386 1 4766 509; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.