Patient Services Intermediate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- To provide complex clerical support to Hospital Dentistry clinical practice. Serve as the referral/authorization coordinator or scheduler.
- Verify insurance information and obtain approvals. Provide information to patient regarding billing procedures.
- Coordinate or schedule patients for consultations in other clinics, diagnostic studies and ambulatory surgery, may determine the sequence and coordinate appointment times. Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of dental and other professional staff.
- Instruct patients on proper diet or other preparations prior to visit within established guidelines.
- Prepare and distribute daily appointment schedule. Maintain and tabulate clinic data
- Obtain, record and relay to providers any test results.
- Manage daily work queues.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED, 3 - 4 years of experience working in a general dentistry or oral surgery office with knowledge of basic medical or dental terminology, and prior experience performing complex scheduling and financial counseling for patients. General knowledge of office practices and obtaining medical records. Excellent customer service skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team player with ability to take direction and communicate with team and patients courteously and respectfully at all times. Demonstrated excellent communication skills and information technology skills. Energetic individual, motivated with a positive and professional attitude with an excellent ability to multi-task and work in a high volume area. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent attendance record. Flexibility required in all aspects of work assignments.
Experience working within a large, complex health care setting, familiarity with MiChart or MiDent, and knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
This position is located at the Med Inn Clinic.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.