Teacher in Business
- Focused on high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community
- Casual, $75.27 - $78.23 per hour
- Hawthorn location
We are currently looking for a Casual Teacher to join Swinburne, Pathways & Vocational Education to teach in our Business Program
About the job
As a Swinburne Vocational Education Teacher, you will be required to inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century. A Vocational Education teacher will implement industry best practice and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies. You will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals. Within this team environment, they will plan deliver, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high quality education and training programs. This role requires our teachers to be able to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels.
About the Business Program
Teaching in the Certificate IV and Diploma of Business requires:
- The technical skills to work with digital documents, create learning resources and design appealing LMS pages for student engagement;
- Industry knowledge of the modern world of business, including small to large businesses, self-employment, customer service practices, work health and safety, and consumer protection;
- Social skills to engage with students both online and face to face. The successful candidate will model professional attitudes in the classroom and in communications with students.
- For this role we are seeking individuals with knowledge and experience in online commerce and marketing. Familiarity with crowdfunding platforms, e-business software and promoting businesses online will be advantageous to your application.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 with required units.
- Knowledge and understanding of business services, particularly online business.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- onsite child care
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Laura Wilkinson (Manager - Business) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 1st Febuary 2019