DHTS Application Analyst
A Maestro Care Concierge is a member of a dedicated group of individuals who will provide onsite presence at clinics in order to organize and prepare the clinics for the transition to Maestro Care’s EMR and then regularly engage end users to manage issues and provide training tips and enhancement suggestions. They also assist with New Provider Maestro Care efficiencies.
The incumbent will provide liaison services between Maestro Care, the IT project team and identified Super User and End User resources throughout all the DPC, PDC, CPDC and HBC clinics as well as Community Connect Customers. These services can include participation in design sessions and review of specifications for implementation of the Maestro Care Ambulatory EMR and specification of bug-fixes, new features and enhancements over time to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment.
The Concierge will carry out deployment tasks, clinical workflow interpretation, and participate in Ambulatory EMR application testing and support.
Reports to DHTS ACIO and Maestro Care Concierge Manager and/or Team Lead
- Perform clinic preparation tasks for conversion to Maestro Care’s Ambulatory EMR; assess and document clinic resource counts, current equipment and workflows.
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned specialty/clinics and be available regularly to answer questions and provide suggestions on site.
- Attend training and develop advanced knowledge of approved processes and workflows within Maestro Care.
- Provide assigned End Users with expertise on application functionality and informal hands on training as needed over time.
- Participate in clinic data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Maestro Care software as they relate to system design and build decisions.
- Identify project risks and work with organizational and program leadership on mitigation strategies.
- Proactively complete assigned Maestro Care EHR application deployment(s) and management task.
- Manage the documentation, resolution and completion of identified deployment issues and tasks
- Participate in identified development and production support meetings, reviews, and design sessions, as assigned.
- Attention to “How To” ticket request on assigned days.
- Provide at the elbow support to new providers for assigned specialties/clinics.
- Develop and document system and user procedures and quick tips as necessary.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes for the Maestro Care Ambulatory HER.
- Ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Meaningful Use requirements.
- Provide system production support including the analysis, prioritization and implementation of requested changes, analysis of new functionality, coordination of software release updates and interface enhancements.
- Perform in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions
- Proactively complete assigned Maestro Care application deployment(s), management and proficiency tasks within defined timeline for new clinic acquisitions
- Identifies areas for workflow improvements. Provides detailed tip sheets.
- Provide oversight within identified development and production support meetings, reviews and design sessions for assigned specialties.
- Function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities across the application team, providing guidance and support where applicable, overseeing performance management, and ensuring departmental coverage is maintained.
- Perform in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, and other issues associated with customer support for Compliance, Billing and Documentation.
Bachelor degree, preferably in a clinical field or offsetting clinical experience.
Three years in a healthcare setting; at least 1 year in ambulatory clinics
Preferred: Experience with Epic Ambulatory implementation.
Knowledge and experience using health care information systems; excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills; proven ability to lead meetings, prioritize and resolve conflicts; demonstrated written, verbal and follow-up skills
Valid Drivers license.
Preferred: Clinical workflow experience in an ambulatory or clinic setting in primary or specialty care.
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: LEVEL 1: If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels. LEVEL 2: In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred. LEVEL 3: In addition to the requirements described for the Level 2, the Level 3 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications