Digital Analytics Manager
Classified Title: Communications Associate
Working Title: Digital Analytics Manager
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 45-MD:JH at Keswick
Department name: 60002576-University Communications
Personnel area: University Administration
The Digital Analytics Manager will lead the efforts of the University Communications office to analyze and synthesize data from an array of different sources to provide strategic insights and recommendations. The position will report to the Director of Social Media and Analytics.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze performance data on Johns Hopkins’ central digital and social media channels, and use social listening and media monitoring tools to glean valuable insights about the external online conversation as it pertains to the University.
- Provide audience insight and digital performance reports and data visualizations to University Communications teams and help support a culture of analytics by assisting in the management of the office’s new Insight Lab.
- Distribute online conversation insights and dashboards to the department’s media relations team and to designated individuals within the University.
- Works closely with the department’s creative, editorial, digital and media relations teams in using insights to inform broader communications strategies, and to help shape the University’s media approach.
- Works closely with the department’s Issues & Crisis Manager to track issues and potential crises of importance to the University, and, in an actual crisis, to provide timely information and analysis concerning the online conversation in order to inform the University’s response.
- Develop new digital methods whenever needed to help make the internal reporting process more efficient, including use of automation technologies.
- Manage the Department’s relationship with vendors of monitoring and analytical software and services, and staying informed of industry best-practices for performance reporting and relevant software tools.
- The goals of the Digital Analytics Manager are to help the University reach and engage with our stakeholders and other audiences in a positive way, to give the University a high degree of situational awareness of the issues, and help enhance the visibility of the University.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- At least four years related experience in digital communications, with an emphasis on monitoring, reporting, data analytics and visualizations required.
- Additional years of experience preferred.
- Ability to assess the impact of a wide range of digital and social media and offering analytical insights in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in higher education preferred but not required
- 3-5 years using social listening, such as Brandwatch or similar
- Digital automation experience
- Digital marketing analytics experience (organic and paid)
- Certain programming languages as applicable to this position are a strong plus
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in website traffic analysis using Google Analytics and/or similar applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and translate that analysis into specific and actionable communications plans, reports, dashboards, and other kinds of data visualizations.
- The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information