Associate Chair - College of Computer Engineering & Science
Associate Chair in the College of Computer Engineering and Science
DEPARTMENT College of Computer Engineering and Science – Female Campus
SCHOOL College of Computer Engineering and Science
REPORTS TO College Dean
The College of Computer Engineering and Science (CCES) at Prince Mohammed University (PMU) invites applications from dynamic and visionary individuals for the position of “Female Department Associate Chair”. The successful candidate will guide the department in directions that will further elevate its national and international standing as well as enhance the success of its students, female faculty and staff by achieving departmental and campus strategic visions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- A PhD in Computer Science or closely related area from reputable western university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience after Ph.D.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to demonstrate administration skills.
- Ability to collaborate with CCES dean and chairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of scholarly accomplishments, effective teaching, sound research records, and overall academic leadership.
- Experience in accreditation.
In order to apply for a position of Associate / Full Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- To play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Scholarly and Professional Development and Service
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- To participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And to perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Appropriate academic advising for students
- Student Tutoring and remediation to achieve learning outcomes goals
- Maintenance and development of the curriculum
- Provision of course materials to students
- Maintaining the class schedule
- Evaluation of faculty
- Teaching of advanced level courses
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)