Plan, coordinate and administer activities within assigned program areas; develop, coordinate and advise on policy related to assigned major programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Background in at least one of the following is highly preferred: patient safety, quality improvement, patient experience and/or team member engagement
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Great Organizational and Communication Skills
- Data Entry
- Patient Advisory Council/Communication
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned programs to include developing, implementing, and supervising related procedures, processes, services and systems; train employees in proper methods and procedures and ensure correctness of work.
- Grow the Patient and Family Engagement and Patient Family Advisory Committees (PFACs) in a way that supports the evolving needs of DUHS. In doing so, recruit and manage new team members as needed. Approximately 10% of time is spent in these activities.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and implement activities including, but not limited to, seminars, conferences, workshops, short courses, clubs, shows, public events and other related programs; develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components.
- Proactively provide direction to senior leaders on efforts and initiatives of PFAC Volunteers who can be called on to participate in DUHS Quality Safety and patient experience strategies. Approximately 20% of time is spent in these activities.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness. Coordinate with system leaders in the development and growth of existing and new strategies that will enhance the patient and family experience. Approximately 20% of time is spent in these activities.
- Perform decision-making and direction of public relations activities to include preparing and supervising the production of brochures, bulletins, newsletters and other promotional materials and/or publications, preparing press releases, designing ads and fliers, and responding to inquiries; develop plans and schedules for release of publicity materials. Developing of content to be included in marketing materials and designate work to be completed. Lead the marketing and communication strategy for bringing awareness to patient and family engagement programs. Approximately 10% of time is spent in these activities.
- Represent assigned programs; serve on various committees and attend professional meetings as appropriate. Align the patient and family engagement strategies with all other DUHS strategies to improve patient experience, quality and safety. This will require participation and input on a variety of entity and system level committees. Approximately 20% of time is spent in these activities
- Maintain liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Involved in the preparation of budgets; forecast, monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate. Coordinate with Patient Safety Center and DUHS Quality Office leaders to ensure costs associated with the Patient engagement Program are cost effective.
- Provide staff leadership through frequent informal observation and feedback. Also support professional development of staff through assessment and coaching. Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, formal performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules. Approximately 10% of time is spent in these activities
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program. Master's Degree preferred.
Work requires three years of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department