Administrative Assistant Senior Float
7 days left
- Full Time
The Administrative Assistant float position (as designated on several units) will provide high quality administrative support to Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Clinical Nursing Directors, and Nurse Supervisors within Internal Medicine.
- Coordination of meetings.
- Managing calendars.
- Typing required documents.
- Budgetary reconciliation including processing journal entries,
- Supply ordering using purchase orders/short codes.
- Planning and processing travel/conference
- registration.Processing tuition reimbursement.
- Advise management of trends, concerns and suggested measures to maintain standards and continued improvements.
- Exhibit exemplary customer relation skills in interacting with various management levels and department staff.
- Maintain Static Groups and DataMart Groups.
- Posting, monitoring and hiring new employees through eRecruit.
- Train employees in new or revised work methods and procedures and orient new employees.
- Develop, maintain, adjust nursing and ancillary schedules and personnel paperwork.
- Entering and reconciling payroll, personnel related work.
- Project work, workgroups and maintaining personnel/staffing reports.
- Maintain employee records in accordance with HR and UMHS policies.
- High school diploma or equilvant.
- More than 4 years of expereince performing responsible office duties.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to do exceptional tracking and follow up with excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in an environment of shifting priorities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Two to three years’ experience with OneStaff, Microsoft Windows and Excel.
- Proficiency with Mpathways.
- Knowledge of eRecruit.
- Knowledge of UMHS/UMPNC/MNA contract.
- Knowledge of UMHS policies and procedures.
- Associate or higher degree in business, human resources or related field.
Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, Day Shift; 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.