Food Service Supervisor
Duke Raleigh Hospital Hiring Event
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
8:30am - 11:30am and 2pm - 4:30pm
Cancer Center Classroom (Basement / Lower Level)
3404 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Supervise and participate in a variety of routine and more complex food service and food preparation activities. Ensure adherence to high quality standards and sanitation procedures.
- Supervise and participate in a variety of activities of a food service unit to include food preparation, distribution, service, and record maintenance in an acute care setting.
- Ensure adherence to diet orders.
- Ensure high standards of quality and sanitation by utilizing established tools and quality monitors.
- Provide cross coverage for all areas if needed
- Reviews menus, plan and order supplies, equipment and food items to meet production schedules and maintain service to cafeteria and patient care units.
- Notifies management of any food shortages, menu changes, equipment breakdowns; takes corrective action as needed to determine appropriate utilization, storage or disposal of foodstuffs.
- Communicates with other departments regarding follow through on physician's dietary orders for patients.
- Generates work schedules, assigns job specific tasks and coordinates vacations and holidays for staff.
- Provide cross coverage for all areas as needed.
- Train new personnel and insure consistent training of current staff on policies and procedures.
- Perform various Human Resource functions to include performance evaluations, promotions, disciplinary actions and hiring.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Food service experience Supervision Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. Record keeping
Duke Entity DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High school G.E.D.
Three years dietary or related experience in unit operations to include food preparation, distribution, service and record maintenance.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications