How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. To apply online, please visit www.careers.umich.edu.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum is a center for rich and diverse nature-based experiences. We offer outstanding opportunities for expanding U-M student, faculty, and public understanding of plants and ecology, and for field study, conservation and ecological restoration, and for respite and well-being.
We host over 400K University of Michigan students and faculty and community visitors at our four properties every year. People visit our many formal and native plant gardens, walk our trails, attend classes and events in our classrooms and meeting spaces, enjoy our conservatory, shop in our store and at our plant sales, learn about our plant collections and ecosystems, and conduct research.
The Administrative Assistant is part of the Administration Team and supports the Senior Administrative Assistant in financial and administrative tasks. This is a part time non-exempt position and is 20 hours a week between the hours of 8am – 5pm. Schedule can be negotiated. The salary rate for a full time employee will be prorated for this position.
- Initiate and complete payments and reimbursements, while ensuring accuracy and timeliness with all transactions.
- Run financial and deposit reports and handle reconciliations as needed.
- Serve as back up for deposit and payroll processing.
- Open, record and distribute mail.
- Maintain supply inventories, and placing orders by request.
- Keep copy/mail room orderly and stocked.
- Schedule transportation for academic groups to visit the Gardens.
- Schedule and attend meetings for department leads, organizing meeting agendas and minutes
- Routine filing.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Previous experience in an office setting
- Experience with University systems including M-Pathways, U-M Data Warehouse and Concur
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs and Google suite
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures
Our Mission:Promoting environmental enjoyment, stewardship and sustainability through education, research and interaction with the natural world.
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to accomplish this mission. For more information about Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum, please visit mbgna.umich.edu
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.